Online Male Dating Advice
When it comes to online dating, most men seem to make the same types of mistakes, which in most instances, can be easily avoided. If you are a man, and want to be
successful at online dating, follow these simple, pragmatic rules that will help ensure you do not miss out on what could be the start of something terrific.
These pieces of male dating advice can be employed at any of the Online Dating sites that are reviewed on this website:
- Your profile should always be straight and to the point and Upbeat - When you write your profile, keep it short and sweet – several paragraphs is plenty.
If you’ve been burned in past relationships, your profile is not the place to mention it. Write about things that you’re likely to have in common with the women that
you want to date.
- Your picture should be you - Even if you look like Charles Atlas, a shirtless or muscle-flexing picture is not ideal. Regardless of what you look like, this will turn off far more women than it attracts. It’s also a good idea to make sure there is no question which person in a photograph is you, and not to post any pictures with women that are draped all over you.
- Take it slow - Women often view men they meet online with some suspicion at first. Pushing for a phone number, address, or a date in a first email will make arouse even more suspicion. It’s not uncommon for there to be several email exchanges before a phone number is even discussed. Take your time and concentrate on writing interesting emails. Be patient and concentrate on finding common interests before you ask for a phone number, and then use a first phone call to set up a face-to-face meeting.
- Women usually won't contact you - Just like in the “offline” dating world, many women seem to prefer to wait for men to contact them. There are far more men than women actually using online dating services, so your profile gets lumped in with thousands of other men. You’ll need to take control of the situation and reply to women’s ads to get their attention. When you do this, make sure you have carefully read the woman’s profile and make specific references to it when you contact her. If you send a boiler plate form-letter response to every woman you contact, they’ll be able to see through this, and typically, they won’t respond. Keep your emails short, bubbly, and straight to the point. Ask questions about her interests to get a conversation rolling, as opposed to inundating her with all of your
- Expectations should be tempered - Just as you can meet a woman with a quick search and email, either of you can decide that you aren’t interested for just
about any reason. So don’t take it personally if a woman stops responding to your queries. Some women are polite enough to tell you that they are not interested,
and some aren’t. This is really out of your control. When you do set up a date, keep it short and innocent, like an after-work drink or a cup of coffee at a
well-known public place like Starbucks. There will be many times that online chemistry won’t translate to a face-to-face meeting, but if you do get one, planning a short meeting allows results in minimum time and money invested.
Best Online Matchmaker Sites > Online Male Dating Advice