Weight Loss Tips
Here are some extremely effective and practical high-powered Weight Loss Tips, that you can incorporate as part of your daily regimen, to help
you shed those extra pounds. These tips may seem simplistic, but if followed, can drmatically alter your health. Please bookmark this page and site,
and visit us often.
- Forget about past diet failures. Look forward to future diet and nutrition ventures in the New Year !
- Consider signing up for an on-line weight loss program that has members that you can converse and discuss goals with. It helps to associate
yourself with those that have common goals and aspirations.
- To make a delicious low fat mayonnaise simply combine one teaspoon Dijon mustard or one teaspoon satay sauce with low fat yogurt.
- Avoid skipping meals. Eating increases your matabolism, thus skipping meals can "trick" your body into slowing down its metabolism in an attempt to conserve calories during a period it perceives as a situation where limited fuel is available.
- Stuffing vegetables such as capsicum and zucchini with tasty fillings of mince chicken, meat or tuna are easy to do and very healthy and low fat.
- Pita bread roll ups or wraps with salad fillings, are great for picnics, school lunches or to take to work.
- Exerise, exercise, exercise! Exercise increases your metabolism and burning off excess fat. When is the best time to exercise? Our metabolism slows down about 8 hours after we wake up, so 30 minutes of exercise in the evening, before dinner will increase your metabolism for about two to three more hours just when it was starting to slow down. This produces a significant increase in fat burned off, even after the exercise is over.
- Plan the week's family menus in advance and just purchase those ingredients at a once-a-week shopping trip.
- Be positive! The more you feel good about yourself the easier and faster it is to lose weight.
- Learn how to make over family favorite recipes by cutting out fats, salt and sugar. Substitute non-fat yogurt for cream, stir fry minus oil and use herbs and spices instead of salt for flavor.
- Avoid removing the skins of fruits and vegetables - most of the nutrients are concentrated just under the skin.
- Always consult your doctor before beginning an exercise or weight loss program.
- Eat slowly and chew each bite completely to decrease your appetite
- Eat three small meals and two snacks daily instead of two or three huge meals.
- It's a myth that you need oil to stir fry! Use chicken stock instead and cut down on hidden fat.
- There is more fat in a plate of toasted muesli than a plate of bacon and eggs! Purchase non-toasted muesli instead.
- Good cooking and healthy eating begins with learning about nutrition and how to prepare healthy recipes.
- Adding alfalfa or mung beans to your salad brings in extra iron.
- Make casseroles the day before use. Refrigerate and skim fat from the top before re-heating.
- Hot water with a squeeze of lemon before breakfast get the metabolism going for the day, helps prevent constipation and is excellent for the skin.
- Find a weight loss "buddy," club, or support group. This will help you stay with your weight loss program.
- Chew sugarless gum. It speeds up the digestive system, burning more calories, and sometimes kills a craving.
- Though difficult, try not eating 3-4 hours or more before bed time.
- Cut up a whole watermelon and leave it in the fridge to snack on over a few days. It is sweet, juicy, and filling. It stops one from eating something more
- Drink lots of water - it helps fill you up.
- Make pasta your fast food choice - you can prepare a pasta meal and salad in 10-12 minutes.
- Chili helps to speed up metabolism - even the milder varieties.
- The best source of vegetable protein is from soya beans or tofu. All legumes provide some protein, so include lentils, lima beans, etc. into casseroles and soups.
- Always eat before you go food shopping and always prepare a shopping list. Only purchase food which relates to your weekly menu plan and don't be tempted to buy goodies.
- Omelettes can be made just using egg whites! A dramatic reduction in fat.
- Limit salt in cooking. Other names for salt include baking soda, baking powder, MSG and soya sauce.
- For low fat gravy, drop ice cubes into the baking tray. Fat will stick to the ice cubes and can then be removed.
- Drinking hot water as opposed to cold water can increase the speed of your metabolism and burn more calories.
Best Weight Loss Programs > Weight Loss Tips