Absolute Poker Bonus
Ultimate Bet Bonus
Full Tilt Bonus
Doyles Room Bonus
Poker Article: Texas Holdem Pocket Card Probabilities
Many of the best world poker players come from mathematical or financial backgrounds. These top players utilize their advanced
math prowess to dictate how they play Texas Holdem, at various junctures of the game. Although there is certainly an element of
luck in poker (regarding what cards are dealt), mathematics (specifically, probability) should play a key role in deciding how
and if you should continue playing at a particular point in a hand. This article provides odds of certain events occurring, given
a certain Pocket Card hand scenario, i.e., pocket card probabilities. These odds can be used in determining your strategy
during a Texas Holdem hand.
- The probability of receiving a pocket pair (e.g., 9-Clubs, 9-Diamonds) is approximately 6 %.
- The probability of one of your opponents having pocket Aces, if you receive pocket Kings is approximately 0.0004 %.
- The probability of receiving 2 pocket cards of the identical suit (e.g., 4-Clubs, 4-Clubs) is approximately 24 %.
- The probability of receiving either pocket Aces or pocket Kings (e.g., Ace-Clubs, Ace-Spades OR King-Hearts, King-Spades) is
approximately 0.9 %.
- The probability of receiving consecutive, suited pocket cards (e.g., King-Hearts, Ace-Hearts) is approximately 4 %.
- The probability of receiving pocket Ace-King unsuited (e.g., Ace-Diamonts, King-Clubs) is approximately 1.2 %.
- The probability of receiving pocket Ace-King suited (e.g., Ace-Hearts, King-Hearts) is approximately 0.3 %.
- The probability of receiving either pocket Aces, pocket Kings, pocket Queens, or pocket Jacks is approximately 1.8 %.
- The probability of your pocket Queens holding up against an opponent's pocket Ace-King through the River card is about 56 %.
- The probability of receiving Jacks or better pocket cards is approximately 9 %.
- The probability of receiving one pocket Ace (e.g., Ace-Spades, 4-Clubs) is approximately 16 %.
- The probability of receiving another Ace or King by the River card, when you already have an Ace-King pocket duo is 50 %.
Best Online Poker Sites >
Poker Articles >
Texas Holdem Pocket Card Probabilities